Our Boxing class is a short 45 minute fitness and skills based class.
What does that mean?
We help teach you the fundamental skills required to box. We then ensure that you use those skills in a variety of ways during the class to raise your heart rate and get a cardio workout. You will learn to box and if you are interested in sparring you will need to consider attending one of our other classes to do this (you will need a mouth guard and optional head gear if sparring).
What does a class look like?
- Shadow Boxing
- Partner Skill Building Drills
- Partner Pad Work
- Heavy Bag Rounds (e.g. 3 min round)
- High intensity finish
Like the majority of our classes, our Boxing class is beginner friendly.
We offer a state of the art training facility and a family friendly environment.
What equipment do I need?
- Boxing Gloves
- Hand Wraps
- Water Bottle
- 2 x Towels (one for you & one to wipe down any equipment you might be using or the mats underneath you)
Do we train fighters?
- The majority of our members are everyday people like you and me. They come from all walks of life, are a variety of ages (young and older) and are generally training for fun and fitness.
- We also have members who are more focussed on the competitive side of combat sports. When these members train in this class, they are doing it to improve their personal skill set and to get a fitness workout.
- We currently do not train people to compete in Boxing only tournaments. Our boxing is used to supplement and complement the training that is found in our Karate, Kickboxing & MMA classes.
- Comfortable clothing / Gym wear. (You will get hot and may well work up a sweat).
- We recommend wearing footwear that is easy to put on and take off such as slides or flip-flops. We do not wear shoes or socks on the matted area.
- Water Bottle
- Towel (x2)
- If you have boxing gloves please bring those with you.
- If you don’t have boxing gloves, I can arrange to lend you a pair to use for the night. You will need to wear ‘inner gloves’ for hygiene reasons and we spray our gloves with a disinfectant before and after use.
Do you sell boxing gloves?
- Yes we do. We have boxing gloves in stock.
- We sell a starter kit for $69 which includes a quality pair of gloves, hand wraps and skipping rope. (you are welcome to buy your gloves elsewhere, however we are confident that the kit we provide is value for money. If you are going to buy gloves elsewhere we recommend that you discuss this with the Boxing coach, so that you can make sure you get the right sort of gloves for the class.